Saturday, December 16, 2006

Question for Mormons

Why does the French word "Adieu" appear in a Reformed Egyptian text? Doesn't this prove that Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon, by inserting such an odd phrase within it?

I don't think Jews ever say adieu. Maybe French ones. But not Jews 600 years before Jesus. Hmm. That is an odd one, wonder why nobody ever thinks about that?

This is just one clue to the authenticity of the Book of Mormon.

Also, discounting information as lies and deceit would require one to actually read the information, not just gloss it over and use the "truthiness scale" to determine facts from fiction. If you want to say someone is lying, you better be able to back it up. I believe I have done that in my posts.
Telling me that it's so sad I spend my life this way, and calling me bitter and resentful does not change the fact that Joseph Smith lied. Pointing fingers at me for posting links and discussing taboo subjects does not eliminate the basic truth that the LDS is built upon a fraudulent premise. Name calling and fake sincerity does not delete the effect of my posts. I know that even though some may take this road in order to try to frustrate my efforts, I will continue to expose the cult, I will continue to point out errors and false teachings, and I will not be afraid to receive comments.

It would really shock me if someone could step out of the "rehearsed" lines and really think about what I am saying, instead of attempting to discredit me as an "offended" former member.

I left the church 2 months after renewing my temple recommend, with my temple recommend in full force. I was not about to be ex'd, and I committed no "sin" to be reckoned in a "Court of Love". I resigned voluntarily, and I did that so I would not continue to be counted among the inflated membership numbers. I held callings and was just as faithful as anyone. I discovered the truth through researching a topic given to me for a talk in Sacrement meeting.

Go ahead, try explaining how to maintain a testimony without discussing how to avoid things that make you feel uncomfortable. Because we all "know" that true things make us feel good, and "lies and deceit" can be detected by how mad it makes you. If you come across something that doesn't support your views, it must of course be wrong, unless it later comes from a General Authority. Then it can become "true" because of who is telling it to you. That's a cult folks. Plain and simple.

I get my truth from books, and from people who have done the documented research and have passed peer reviews, not from within a tightly controlled circle of authority figures chastising me if I have an "unapproved reading material" in my possession. I don't have to judge truth by how I feel, I can judge it by logic and reasoning, two things the LDS church would rather wipe away from the minds of its members. That way, they wouldn't be loosing 10,000 members a year in resignations.

So, if you're going to pass judgement on me, stick to the facts. Point out my errors in documentation, in quotations, or in connecting events. Don't try to shame me into re-joining your cult, because it is NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN. But, I am going to strive to bring out as many people as I can, because they deserve their freedom. I am angry at the LDS Church, sure I admit it. I am mad because they cloak their strategy of withholding information because "some things that are true are not very useful". Their one goal is to maintain the member base, and they will do anything to keep it, even if it means using less than noble techniques (re-writing history, dropping words from ordinances, denying culpability in the Mountain Meadows Masacre, or the Mark Hoffman scandal).

LOOK IT UP IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME! But don't just say, oh that's not true, unless you can prove it. On the same token, don't go shoving your version of truth down other people's throats unless you can prove your story. Just saying "I believe" is not enough. I have done that here, everything I have said can be proven. I am not the only one out here anyway. And I have nothing to fear by telling it like it is.

No comments: