Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Question They Should Have Asked...

Link for this post is embedded in the title above.

Robert Millet spoke to the Mission Prep Club about how to handle the tough anti-Mormon questions missionaries may face while on their missions or afterward.

As Boyd K. Packer once said, in quoting Henry D. Moyle, "I never pay any attention to the questions... If he doesn't ask the right questions [the questions I like to be asked], I give answers to questions he should have asked."

Packer added, "That short statement from President Moyle held great wisdom, and on a number of occasions I have been rescued in difficult situations by referring back in my mind to his comment." (source: Boyd K. Packer, p.63, Teach Ye Diligently)

[I found an excellent summary of Robert Millet's presentation here]:

Do not answer the questions of polygamy. Do not talk about the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Don’t address Adam-God Doctrine or blood atonement.


Instead, he suggests countering any question with the story of 14 year-old Joseph Smith and his humble beginnings (aside from the treasure seeking, peepstones, and marrying of teenage girls, of course).


“What did I just do?” Millet says. “ I just answered the question he should have asked.”


Millet also says the issue isn’t Adam-God, Mountain Meadows Massacre, etc. the ISSUE is, “ Was Joseph Smith called of God? The only way to find that out is by learning a little bit and praying a lot.”


Another Millet quote: “We never provide MEAT when milk will do.”


The only true church? How can you even BEGIN to claim this, when such deception is practiced to LURE people in? It’s like a big scam.


Common sense tells you to RESEARCH something before you invest in it. Even parents USUALLY tell you to make sure you have all the facts before you invest in something, or join something. My parents have said this time and time again, and yet they WHOLEHEARTLY believe in this fabrication, this scam.


Here is concrete proof that MISSIONARIES are taught to be deceptive and to practice avoidance when trying to get members to join. They do NOT tell you the truth until after you’re a member, and even then it is watered down.

*My Thoughts*

I have used a reference from the BYU website for this post. I am reposting the link here to this site so you can see for yourself what the training program is all about for new missionaries. Remember, just because I post it here, doesn't make it false. If it can be found on the Mormon websites, and in the church archives, and was once taught and believed by thousands of members, then it can't be called a pack of lies dreamed up by Anti-Mormons. I think some of the best material comes from the church itself. That's what started me on the long voyage out of the church, and it can happen to anyone who cares to compare the past with the present.

"The future can only be determined by what has happened in the past" Kramer vs. Kramer

No comments: